Sunday 9 February 2020

Oscars 2020: All Nominated Features - Ranked


A simple post really. I've become disenchanted with a five star ranking system. There's no room for nuance. How can I tell you that Knives Out is way ahead if Joker but still a step behind Marriage Story with five stars? I can't! So here: a full ranking of all 38 nominated features. If you want my feelings on shorts, see my predictions post.
  1. Breakthrough
  2. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
  3. Harriet
  4. Richard Jewell
  5. The Lion King
  6. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
  7. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
  8. Frozen II
  9. Judy
  10. Missing Link
  11. The Edge of Democracy
  12. Rocketman
  13. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
  14. Ad Astra
  15. Klaus
  16. The Cave
  17. Honeyland
  18. Toy Story 4
  19. Avengers: Endgame
  20. American Factory
  21. I Lost My Body
  22. Bombshell
  23. Joker
  24. Les Misérables
  25. For Sama
  26. The Two Popes
  27. Pain and Glory
  28. Corpus Christi
  29. Ford v Ferrari
  30. The Irishman
  31. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
  32. Knives Out
  33. Jojo Rabbit
  34. The Lighthouse
  35. Little Women
  36. Marriage Story
  37. 1917
  38. Parasite

What can I say? This film had me gripped from the get go. I loved it. I adored it. There's been nothing better all year. Could it pull it off and win? Only time will tell but it would be amazing if it did. It's rare enough for the best film to actually win, but an international feature? It would be a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment